Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

Hello!!


I apologize profusely for not updating. I'm not just saying that either, I really am very, very sorry. But I have an excuse. I have been working hard on my first year of NCEA and I was kinda stressing out. It all payed off though, I got Merit endorsed overall and I got Science endorsed with Merit which was a great surprise to me. Let's just say that I'm not the science wizz of the family.

Anyway, these past months have been very interesting hair-wise, as you can see. 







But I have read waaaaaaaay too many books to list them all, so with some help from my genius mother, I have come up with the idea of putting them into groups! So here goes,


Books that I would recommend wholeheartedly: The memory keeper's daughter by  Kim Edwards, Bumped by Megan McCafferty is set in the future and puts a whole new look on teenage pregnancy, All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin; set in the future in a world where chocolate and coffee are illegal. Sixteen year old anya Blanchine is the daughter of the city's most well-known ( and dead) Crime Boss, throw her into a scandal and see what happens. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi,  Juliette is a girl who has amazing (but deadly) powers, she can kill people by touch, she is locked away in isolation and silently goes mad, but then she finds out that someone can touch her, and that changes her whole world. Forgotten By Cat Patrick, This is about a girl called who forgets everything about her past a night but can see what will happen to her in the future perfectly.


Books that I recommend for a quick afternoon holiday read: A walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks, Withering Tights by Louise Rennison, Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, Once a witch  and Always a witch  by Carolyn MacCullough, Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray,  Illusions by Aprilynne Pike, Mercy by Rebecca Lim.


My New Year's resolution is to start doing this at the end of every week. I know that you might think that I'm not able to, but if it's something that I put my mind to, I will maybe be able to do it. 


So that's it for me,
Molly. xxx

4 comments:

mutti said...

Yay Miss M! Good to have you on again. Looking forward to seeing more.

I know teenagers sleep a lot but you forgot to blog in 2011 or are you only going to blog alternate years? xx

Miss M said...

It's a new trend. Blogging every day is soooo old school. Im starting a new one anyway sooo... let's hope this one works better. :)

Miss M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.